Sonntag, 26. Mai 2013

One Wedding and a Holiday

It's been a while since I published my last post. I feel a little bad about this but then again it gives me more things to write about. 
For example I finished my dress and was able to wear it for the wedding of a friend of mine.




I wore it with black opaque tights, black pumps, a black vintage (well...at least from the 1970s!) belt from my mother in law and a golden studded black clutch. I tried to set my hair in a Old Hollywood glamour style kind of way but ended up with large - "I've put my hand into a power socket" - curls. But it looked all right after some combing.


I was able to give them a DIY-Card for their wedding (the crabs are an insider-joke):



And was secretely amused by the phallic table decoration:



All in all it was a very nice evening. Contrary to popular opinion I actually like to go on weddings because they offer good food (and lots of it!), dancing, a reason to dress up excessively, a feeling of being moved to tears (always when the couple enters the church and the organ plays a traditional wedding march - love it!), more food, and the knowledge that you can relax because you're not in the center of attention (that's the best) and ... food!

Another reason why I haven't written for so long is that Timo and I went on holiday. For the first time in more than ten years I was able to be with my sister on her birthday! I was so excited especially because it was a very special birthday: her 30th. We had a great time and went on a mini-holiday within our holidays - a nice trip to Dingle the town on Dingle the peninsular.
As usual, Timo and I ate a lot and slept a lot because the change to the Irish climate somehow always make us tired and hungry. But weren't idle the whole time. We went running, shopping, for beach walks, to an exibition launch of Thomas Ryan, to the Blasket Center, more shopping, and ...for many lunches and dinners and snacks!
Some impressions from our holiday:

Marina`s birthday table

Ennis cathedral



Beach on the Dingle peninsular


Add caption

Beach near Marina`s chalet

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen