Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2014

Home

A long time has passed since my last blog post! I enjoyed my last month in Galway a lot, I even went swimming three times (twice on a very nice and warm day - even the jelly fish couldn't scare Marina and me)! My sisters organized a wonderful good-bye party for me and the Irish sky provided a breath-taking background for the scene. Especially during my last week I was experiencing a very confusing alternation of feelings - sometimes I just couldn't wait to see Timo, the cats, my Mama, and my parents in law again, sometimes I would suddenly and unexpectedly burst out crying because I knew I would soon be leaving Galway, my sisters, my brothers-in-law (ok, one of'em is just my brother-in-law to be), the mad cat, and my friends behind.

Back in Germany I really needed some time to settle back in again - weirdly enough it seemed to be harder than my first month in Galway! And the settling in hasn't even concluded but that's probably also due to the fact that I haven't found a job yet (and so I still haven't got a real everyday life). On the other hand, it maybe isn't that weird really because the three months were like a break from my normal life and when you have such a break you start to reconsider some things and maybe even start to change your mind on certain views. For example, I now can imagine to move to a bigger city if I can find a good (trainee) job there - even if it means that Timo and I would see each other less often. I guess some of our friends and family think our marriage might be in a crisis but actually I think that it has become stronger in a way. And I am proud to see how Timo still supports me (except maybe my plan to get a number of tattoos). I don't really have a lot of love for myself (something I know I need to work on) so it is absolutely touching to see that someone loves you so much that he even likes the things about you he actually doesn't like...well, you know what I mean!

So, what can I say? This still is a very unsteady period of my life and I don't have a clue where my path is leading. To be honest, it scares the shit out of me sometimes but - and this shows that I really have changed in Ireland - sometimes I just can't wait to find out!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen